where is the new physics?

The Higgs particle exists it seems as predicted. So far so good, but the standard model of the universe which predicts it only explains 5% of the mass that is now observed. Where is the explanation for the remaining 95%? So far nowhere to be found. Now the particle accelerator at CERN is shut for upgrading and we have to wait until it is re-started to obtain further data. Meanwhile the race is on to try and extract more information from the existing data. If it is a Higgs, what kind of a Higgs?

6883058http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21785205

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s